What is Lightbox 2?
Lightbox 2 is a media browser and content management system for displaying video, image and audio files and is an excellent way to make a highly professional and interesting interactive from multi-media files for visitors to view and explore. You can also link to and explore external websites through the inbuilt browser.
Lightbox 2 is our second generation media browser and it now boasts an array of new features:
- Easy to use management interface
- Customisable ”front end” skin designs
- Multi-lingual support
- Centralised media library
- Web browser
- Background caching
- Remotely update content*
- Import / Export (archive) library
How Does it Work?
The software is split into two sections;
1. The Manager or “back end” side of the software – this allows you to add the content, multi-lingual descriptions, choose thumbnails, organise groups and arrange how the “front end” appears, i.e how the public will see the gallery browser.
2. The Viewer or “front end” of the software displays all the content that you have input through the “back end”, using the ‘skin’ (or screen design) you have chosen.
What does it run on?
The software runs on a PC (see PC specifications in additional info tab) with the content stored either locally or networked, allowing it to run remotely as central media library that may be connected to multiple Lightbox media viewer points within a museum. The user interface is designed for multi-touch displays.
Lightbox software includes the manager and one viewer license, this allows you to create an interactive exhibit for use on a single screen, for the same manager to sync with and control separate interactive exhibits on additional screens you will need a viewer license for each extra interactive.
* Maximum file size of 1gb per file for remote set ups.